The NINT Innovation Centre (NIC) has been assisting technology start-ups and established companies with their nanotechnology ventures for more than a decade, as well as providing a supportive teaching environment by providing the latest instrumentation and technical expertise.
Our experienced team is ready to orient and train academic and industrial partners and is eager to share their knowledge as they support ongoing research needs.
Conveniently located on the University of Alberta campus in the NINT building, our 2700 m² centre is ideal for those looking to benefit from of onsite expertise and close proximity to first class university facilities.
Our pristine laboratory and office space is available for rent at competitive commercial rates and can accommodate up to 15 companies.
Your firm will gain significant advantage with access to $45 million in advanced analytical and fabrication equipment, flexible lab and office space. NIC features include:
- Thirteen rentable suites measuring approximately 90 m²
- Individual suites incorporate 60 m² of contemporary lab space and 30 m² of office space.
- Fully serviced labs with fume hood infrastructure, demineralized water, and natural gas, vacuum, dry nitrogen and oxygen lines.
- Two 72 m² bays designed for computing labs.
- Three meeting rooms, lunch facilities, locked mailboxes, and shipping & receiving services all on the same secured floor.
- Access to a seminar theatre with video conferencing and multimedia presentation capabilities.
- Twenty-four hour a day, seven day a week security with CCTV monitoring.
Rates are set in conjunction with TEC Edmonton and Edmonton Economic Development Corporation to be in line with other local incubation facilities.
At NIC you have the opportunity to collaborate with established industry professionals and researchers.
Companies can tap into expertise from multiple disciplines as they expand and develop new knowledge. We will work alongside you to transform experience and cutting edge research into action that will propel you into new markets.
- direct links to NINT and University of Alberta expertise
- assistance with materials characterization services, facilities access, contract research, and strategic research collaborations, and
- connection to business planning, financing and strategy services.
NIC will open you up to a range of possibilities including opportunities for collaborative research projects with NINT, University of Alberta researchers and other tenants.
Our Business Development Office is waiting to work with you to establish mutual research or commercialization ventures.